If you are taking an exam that is Remotely Proctored and you are being asked for an access code, you will want to be sure you are using Google Chrome, and have the extension installed. You may do this by selecting the link in your course:
If you have the extension installed, and are still seeing this message, you will want to delete the extension and reinstall.
To delete the extension, select the Puzzle icon on the top right of your browser:
Then select the Proctorio extension, click the three dots to the right and select Remove from Chrome:
Once complete, select the link in the left navigation to re-install the extension:
You should now have access to your exam.
Here are some common issues that seem to come up when Proctorio is in use:
* Students click out of the testing screen
* Students stop sharing their screen
* Notifications and pop-ups not muted
* No activity in the test – the quiz/exam will stop after 2 mins
* Students internet connection is not adequate
* Students have ignored a message to clear caches and re-boot computer prior to starting quiz/exam
If a student triggers an assessment to close, they will report being ‘kicked out’ of their quiz/exam. They chat with the Proctorio help desk but will be re-directed to the instructor so that a review of their time in the test can be reviewed for possible cheating.
The RN instructors have been reviewing all instances of the quiz/exam closing on the students and giving them feedback on what the error message is in their gradebook.
Other tips that help students
* Restart or refresh browser
* Make sure internet connection is adequate
* Verify the recommended RAM is available
Here is the site where we direct the students and where I have gotten all the information.