To help protect your student accounts and information, it is critical that you use strong passwords. We are asking all students to change their passwords by Wednesday June 30th. When changing your password, please take into account our current password policy:
- Your password must by a minimum of 15 characters long
- You cannot reuse old passwords
Tips for picking a strong password:
- Use unrelated words, not a phrase. Example: (correcthorsebatterystaple)
- You can use special characters, upper, lower, and spaces if you want, but this might make your password harder to remember
- Do not use words such as: charter, college, student, password, your name, etc.
How to change your password:
- Log into the Student Portal (https://portal.chartercollege.edu/)
- On the left, click on “My Profile”
- Select “Change Password”
- Enter your old and new passwords
Please note: Once you change your password, it may take approximately 15 minutes for that change to filter through all systems. You may use your old password until the synchronization is complete if this happens.
Additionally, we will be turning on Multifactor Authentication for Office 365. This means that when you are off campus and signing on from a new device, you will be asked to verify your account. You will have the choice of authenticating your account through text, phone, or Microsoft Authenticator app. You select this choice by going to https://aka.ms/MFASetup. Please complete this setup before Wednesday, June 30th to prevent being temporarily locked out of some applications. For ease of authentication, we recommend the Microsoft Authenticator app. More information is available from Microsoft at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/user-help/user-help-auth-app-download-install .