To add a Word/PDF file in Moodle, use the steps below:
- First, from the front page of the course, turn editing on, button top right, also in course administration block, first option.
- Select "Add a file" radio button and then click add.
- Next name the document, add a description.
- Click the paper icon that has a plus sign in the bottom right corner, this allows you to search for the file on your computer.
- Find the file and name it.
- Click the "Upload a file" button in the bottom of the window.
- Be sure to scroll down and "Save Changes"
Moodle will send you to the file so you can be sure it's the right one and it uploaded correctly. To get back to your main course page, click the button on the bottom of the screen with the name of your course. If you set the file to be visible to students, then they will also now be able to view it.